The Cycle Rider Safety Training Program offers courses for riders of all skill and experience levels. All courses are free to any Illinois resident 16 or older who holds a valid automobile or motorcycle driver’s license or permit. The CRSTP is the only program authorized by the Illinois Secretary of State to offer a license waiver. Residents younger than 18 must have written consent from a legal guardian.
Benefits of the CRSTP
- All courses are free to any Illinois resident 16 or older
- Teaches all riders how to safely and confidently operate a motorcycle
- Helps riders manage their risk and increase skills through riding and classroom instruction
- Sharpens riders’ knowledge and riding skills to become better, safer motorcycle riders
- Allows successful program graduates (18 or older) to waive the riding and written portions of the Illinois motorcycle license test.
- Qualifies some graduates for insurance discounts
What Courses We Offer: