Advanced Rider Course (ARC)
- Increase skills, knowledge, safety awareness and enjoyment
- Become familiar with motorcycle dynamics, survival strategies, emergency braking, countersteering and traction availability
- Practice precise steering techniques and correct braking methods under controlled conditions with Motorcycle Safety Foundation certified instructors
- Gain the knowledge necessary for further development of safe riding skills
Advanced Rider Course (ARC) Eligibility
ARC students must:
- Provide their own street-legal motorcycle or have the owner's written permission to use a borrowed street-legal motorcycle
- Have a motorcycle endorsement to ride the motorcycle used in the ARC
- Complete a waiver form and motorcycle safety inspection checklist (forms provided)
- Show proof of motorcycle insurance at first class meeting
Protective Clothing Requirements
Participants should bring protective clothing.
The following items are required:
- Sturdy, over-the-ankle footwear (not cloth or canvas; boots suggested)
- Long pants
- Long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Gloves that cover the entire hands
- Protective eyewear (any type of glasses that can be worn while operating a motorcycle/driving)
- DOT-approved helmet (must be at least three-quarter or full-face)
A valid motorcycle license is required to take the ARC. Completion of the ARC does not waive the test requirements for obtaining a motorcycle license through the Secretary of State. The ARC completion card may be used for insurance discounts, check with your insurance provider for additional details.
Registering for a Course
If you are interested in registering for the Advanced Rider Course or would like more information, please contact your nearest Regional Center for registration instructions.