The IDOT team works diligently to provide safe, cost-effective transportation for Illinois in ways that enhance quality of life, promote economic prosperity and protect our environment. We are problem solvers and leaders, constantly searching for innovations and improvements in support of our commitment to providing the best multimodal transportation system for Illinois.
Our team fosters a culture of inclusivity. We value diversity and hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards as we work together for a common purpose. Team members frequently collaborate with colleagues and others outside the department to best meet customer needs.
The department offers extensive training and career advancement opportunities. Employees also receive a robust benefit package including:
- Monday-Friday work schedule
- Flexible work schedules are available in many program areas.
- Health, Life, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Pension Plan
- (10) Weeks paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Deferred Compensation Program and other pre-tax benefit programs (Medical/Daycare)
- Employees earn (12) paid Sick Days annually.
- New Employees earn (10) paid Vacation Days their first year of service and can earn up to (25) paid Vacation Days annually.
- Employees earn (3) paid Personal Days annually.
- (13-14) paid holidays annually (based on start date)
- Tuition Reimbursement
We invite qualified applicants to apply to become part of our team. We are confident that you will take pride in serving Illinois and its residents and visitors.
State of Illinois Employment Opportunities (including IDOT): All employment vacancies are posted and applied to through the electronic State of Illinois Careers page (https://illinois.jobs2web.com). Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered. Please visit the State of Illinois Careers page for more information, including application procedures for the positions below.
Need to know what Region or District you live in? Region and District Map
Central Office Vacancy Announcements
Large data table content is loading...
|Last Date to Apply