Highway Standards and District Specific Standards
These drawings show the details of various construction items and are used in conjunction with the Standard Specifications. The applicable Standards are referenced on the cover sheet of the plans.
The drawing files below are the most current revisions. Navigate to District Specific Standards to view specific drawings that pertain to IDOT districts.
This website utilizes varied software, media tools, files and applications to present or make available varied information. If you are unable to open these files, please navigate to the troubleshooting webpage for assistance.
Individual CADD files (Microstation .dgn format) of the Highway Standards are available upon request. To submit a request, send an e-mail to DOT.HwyStds@illinois.gov
Complete Highway Standards (PDF)
- Revision 227 - effective 01/01/2024
- Revision 226 - effective 01/01/2023
- Revision 225 - effective 01/01/2022
- Revision 224 - effective 01/01/2021
- Revision 223 - effective 01/01/2020
- Revision 222 - effective 03/01/2019
- Revision 221 - effective 01/01/2019
- Revision 220 - effective 01/01/2018
- Revision 219 - Effective 01/01/2017
- Revision 218 - Effective 04/15/2016
- Revision 217 - Effective 04/01/2016
To receive updates related to the Highway Standards through the free subscription service, click on the link below and send the blank email that pops up. (Do not add anything to the subject line or to the body of the email). Directions for unsubscribing are included with each email notification.
Instructions to unsubscribe will be included in every subscription list email.