Skip to main content

Agency Alert

Welcome to the new IDOT home page.  Our location has changed, please update any bookmarks.

Permit Compliance

Once you have received your Permit, you will need to obtain a copy of the OPER 993 Special Vehicle Movement Permit Provisions. This document must accompany the permit during the move. Electronic versions, as well as printed versions are accepted.

Permits issued by IDOT are for travel upon state jurisdiction roadways ONLY. You are required by law to obtain permission from any local jurisdiction, including municipality, township, county or skyway, or from the Illinois Toll Authority PRIOR to moving on local jurisdiction roadways, toll roads or when crossing toll structures.