Specific Scope of Services
Compliance materials are organized by specific scope of service, please click to expand the necessary portion.
Painting Inspection Forms
- Pre-Project Environmental Submittal Review Checklist, BBS 2557
- Pre-Project Painting Submittal Review Checklist, BBS 2558
- Environmental Daily Report, BBS 2559
- Nonconformance Report, BBS 2560A
- Nonconformance Log, BBS 2560B
- Construction Inspector Project Start Up Checklist, BBS 2561
- Construction Inspector Daily (QA) Report, BBS 2562
- Contractor Daily (QC) Report, BBS 2563
Foundation Construction Forms
- Culvert (Revised 1/23/2017)
- Culvert (Revised 6/1/2000)
- FHWA Seismic Retrofitting Manual for Highway Structures Part 1 - Bridges and Part 2- Retaining Structures, etc.
- Seismic Manual- DRAFT Section 8
Bridge Manual Design Guides and Examples
- Design Guides, the following are included in the download:
Large data table content is loading...
Large data table content is loading...
The following site is a tool to offer bridge inspection and inventory information to the public.
Prequalified Overhead Sign Structure Fabricators
Foundations and Geotechnical
Department Wide Geotechnical Engineers Organizational Chart and Staff Phone Numbers
Technical Manuals and Policy Memorandums
- Geotechnical Manual
- Navigate to the Geotechnical Memorandums and Provisions webpage to view policy changes to the manual.
- Geotechnical Subscription Service
- Navigate to the Material Approvals' Soils webpage for more information in regards to roadway geotechnical issues.
Design Guides and Spreadsheets
The Geotechnical Design Guides have been developed by the Bureau of Bridges and Structures' Foundations and Geotechnical Unit in an effort to document the calculations and proper use of the Geotechnical Spreadsheets.
|Liquefaction Analysis||LIQUEFACTION||Calculates the Factor of Safety Against Liquefaction||November 2018|
|Axial Capacity of Drilled Shafts in Soft Shale||DRILLED SHAFT AXIAL CAPACITY - SHALE||Provides Drilled Shaft Factored Resistances in Soft Shale <100ksf for various diameters and depths as well as the top of shaft deformation under service loading.||May 2017|
|Axial Capacity of Drilled Shafts in Rock||DRILLED SHAFT AXIAL CAPACITY IN ROCK||Provides Drilled Shaft Factored Resistances in hard rock for various diameters and depths as well as the top of shaft deformation under loading.||October 2016|
|Existing Foundation Load Carrying Capacity||EXISTING PILE CAPACITY||Provides maximum pile capacity that can be assumed when checking to see if a substructure can be re-used.||August 2016|
|Temporary Sheet Piling Design Charts||TEMPORARY SHEET PILE DESIGN ANALYSIS||Provides a Simple but Conservative Procedure to Provide a Temporary Sheet Pile Design||May 2015|
|Cohesive Soil Settlement Estimate||COHESIVE SOIL SETTLEMENT ESTIMATE||Estimates Primary Settlement of Cohesive Layers using Moisture Content and Qu||December 2014|
|Integral Abutment Pile Selection||INTEGRAL ABUTMENT FEASIBILITY ANALYSIS||Determines the Feasibility of using an Integral Abutment Given Bridge Length, Skew and Soil Borings||October 2017|
|Permanent Sheet Pile Design Policy||SSP DIMENSIONS ALL-ILDOT (8)||Provides Sheet Pile Properties to determine (b/tmin)ε used to determine if local buckling will control the sheeting section modulus design.||November 2011|
|Brom's Overturning & Torsion Capacity of Short Single Shaft||BROM’S OVERTURNING & TORSIONAL SHAFT ANALYSIS||Provides the Shaft Foundation Depth Necessary to Resist the Overturning and Torsional Load from Traffic Signals, Sign Structures and Light Poles/Towers||August 2011|
|WSDOT PILE BEARING VERIFICATION||Provides Pile Inspectors Charts/Graphs to Determine the Nominal Driven Bearing Indicated by the WSDOT Dynamic Formula||February 2010|
|Axial Geotechnical Resistance of Driven Piles||PILE CAPACITY AND LENGTH ESTIMATES||IDOT Static Method of Estimating Pile Length vs. Resistance||January 2010|
|LRFD Soil Site Class Definition||SEISMIC SITE CLASS||Provides a Bridges Seismic Site Class||January 2010|
|Cofferdam Seal Coat Design||COFFERDAM SEAL COAT DESIGN||Determines a Cofferdams Factor of Safety Against Hydrostatic Uplift||November 2006|
|Temporary Geotextile Wall Design||TEMPORARY GEOTEXTILE WALL ANALYSIS||Analyzes the Pullout Resistance and Stress in Geotextile Walls||November 2006|
- Abbreviated Structure Geotechnical Report, BBS 132
- Drilled Shaft Concrete Placement Log, BBS 135
- Drilled Shaft Excavation and Inspection Record, BBS 134
- Drilled Shaft Qualifications and Installation Plan, BBS 133
- Pile Driving Equipment Data, BBS 136
- Soil Boring Log, BBS 137
- Rock Core Log, BBS 138
- Modified SPT Log, BBS 139
- Production Pile Driving Data, BBS 2184
- Test Pile Driving Record, BBS 757
Training Courses & Class Reference Guides
- IDOT Drainage Manual (Revised: 07/01/2011)
- Interim Guide to 2-D Hydraulic Modeling
- Quick Check Guidebook Final 2022
- Quick Check Guidebook Supplement
Bridge Management and Inspections
Click here to go to Bridge Management and Inspections
Click here for Bridge Load Ratings
Type Size and Location Drawings (TSL)
Please navigate to the Type Size and Location Drawings webpage to view a list of approved drawings.
Bridge Manual Design Guides & Detail Examples