Below are reference materials to assist in getting materials approved and IDOT guidelines.
Material Specific Information
- Bureau of Local Roads Special Provisions
- Guide Bridge Special Provisions (GBSP)
- Materials "M" Specifications
- To view the Standard Specifications please navigate to the Consultant Resources webpage.
- To view the Supplemental Specifications and Recurring Special Provisions please navigate to the Consultant Resources webpage.
- BDE Special Provisions
- Highway Standards
Activities involving materials, research, and new products are administered by IDOT's Central Bureau of Materials (CBM). Administration of these activities requires CBM to develop new specifications or revise existing department specifications. Since these activities are under development or are being evaluated, the specifications do not have a wide distribution. In addition, these specifications are a working document and have not been adopted as a statewide standard.
- Concrete Coating System (CBM)
Application: It is intended for the preparation, sealing, and water repelling of concrete surfaces other than driving surfaces. For experimental use only – See Construction Memorandum 02-2
Effective Date: 12/08/03
Revised Date: Not Applicable
Contact Person: Anthony Wagner / Phone: 217/782-7218 / Email: Anthony.Wagner@illinois.gov