County, Township, and Municipality Motor Fuel Tax (MFT) Databases
The County, Township, Municipality, and Township Bridge Program databases are self-extracting MS Access 97 files that when unzipped will initially occupy from 3 - 4 MB of drive space. These databases were developed in MS Access 97 to replace the old DataEase accounting databases. The MS Access databases will work in MS Access 2000, but must first be converted. Follow the instructions in MFT Access Readme.pdf to load the databases and, if necessary, convert them to MS Access 2000. To download a file to your hard drive, click the right mouse button and choose "Save Target As."
Tip: Use the reload function of your browser to view the latest version of the webpage. Adobe Reader Tip: While viewing pdf files in Reader if weblinks (links to IDOT's web site) are not functioning properly, you must first choose a browser. While in Adobe Reader choose File | Preferences | Weblink. Set your options for displaying Web information to "Show Toolbar Button" and "Show Progress Dialog." Then click on Browse to locate your web browser (IE Explorer, Netscape Communicator, etc.). Choose the connection type that matches your browser. If your browser is not listed, choose "Standard." Then click OK.
The inserted special provision memos are in hidden text, to view or print hidden text use the following instructions:
- To view hidden text, use the following commands: Tool - Options - View - Click on "Hidden Text."
- To print the hidden text, use the following commands: Tool - Options - Print - Click on "Hidden Text."
- The Inserted Special Provisions file naming convention is: the first 2 characters are for special provisions: the following 6 characters are for the letting date, the file extension is for the file type.
- Once you have decompressed the file use MS Word or Word Viewer to view.
~ Trouble Shooting Tips ~
- When using CompuServe, empty your disk cache of the old version of a file before you download the new version. If you don't, you may get the copy in your disk cache, not the new file from our website.
- To empty the disk cache do the following while in CompuServe: Choose "Tools," "Options," " Advanced," "Empty disk cache."
- Before you download a file, make sure any file with same name has been deleted from your download directory. We have discovered that when some software prompts you to "overwrite the existing file," it does not, leaving the existing file intact.
- For quicker access to IDOT's website create a "Bookmark" in Netscape Navigator, "Favorite Place" in America on Line or in CompuServe, etc. to visit our website.
- Use "Refresh" or "Reload"to get the newest changes of a webpage.
Springfield Report Update
Instructions for updating your current TBP Access database Springfield Report with the report in TBP97Updates.mdb
| MFT Access Readme.pdf
Instruction manual for the MS Access 97 MFT County, Township, Municipality, and Township Bridge databases. Includes instructions on loading the Access 97 databases; converting from Access 97 to Access 2000; creating shortcut icons to activate the Access databases; importing data from the DataEase County and Township MFT databases to the Access County and Township databases; and zipping and unzipping files.
|County User Manual.pdf
User manual for the MS Access County MFT database.
MS Access 2003 County MFT database, County.accdb.
Municipality User Manual.pdf
MS Access 2003 Municipality MFT database, Municipality.accdb.
|Township User Manual.pdf
User manual for the MS Access Township MFT database.
|Township Bridge User Manual.pdf
User manual for the MS Access Township Bridge Program database
MS Access 2003 Township Bridge Program database, Township Bridge.accdb.