Interested in Becoming an Approved Third Party Vendor?
- Contact us at DOT.XMLSUPPORT@illinois.gov
- IDOT will create a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) and send it to the vendor to be reviewed, signed and returned.
- Once the NDA has been returned to IDOT, a conference call will be setup with the vendor to discuss the approval process and the specific technical requirements of the XML transfer.
- IDOT will work with the vendor to implement the requirements and will assist with the testing of the vendor's XML submittals.
- Once the vendor has successfully completed the testing of its XML transfer, it will be added as an approved Third Party XML Vendor.
If you have any questions about submitting crash reports electronically, please contact us at DOT.XMLSUPPORT@ILLINOIS.GOV. We look forward to working with you.
IDOT's Division of Transportation Safety is the administrator of the state's traffic crash information, as set forth in the Illinois Compiled Statutes: 625 ILCS 5/11-401. As Administrator, IDOT is required to (1) tabulate and analyze motor vehicle crash reports, and (2) ensure that every crash report is submitted on an appropriate form approved or provided by IDOT. Since 2001, there have been only two crash reporting forms approved by the department: the paper SR 1050 Illinois Traffic Crash Report form, and the electronic-based Mobile Capture and Reporting (MCR) form. Recently, a third format for submitting crash reports to IDOT has been approved: submitting via an XML format defined by IDOT.